Ah…Trader Joe’s, I never knew just how much I would love you. One thing you may not know about me is I am a self proclaimed grocery store connoisseur; I always joke that my dream job is to work at a grocery store. Pre-moving to Fort Worth I didn’t have the luxury of being so closely located to a Trader Joe’s and now I truly feel it is a requirement if we ever were to move again.
Today I am sharing some of my Trader Joe’s favorites and staples that I always keep on hand. Keep these in mind on your next Trader Joe’s run, you won’t be disappointed!
- Chia Seeds: These are so convenient for throwing into a smoothie or topping off a stack of pancakes. Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, fiber and protein, so I mean, put them in or on top of anything to make it healthy.
- Just the Clusters: I am a huge fan of anything that is crunchy and remotely resembles granola. This cereal is exactly what it claims to be – all the clusters. It’s like the adult version of lucky charms where you only eat the marshmallows but in this case it’s just the clusters from Honey Bunches of oats. Eat it as cereal or put it in some yogurt, you cannot go wrong!
- Chili Onion Crunch: This is a great addition to your pantry because it is so versatile! Add it to a chicken marinade, salad dressing or my favorite, over a block of cream cheese and served with some crackers.
- Banana Bread Mix: I love having easy to mix up treats and desserts on hand in case we have company or just need a easy treat during the week. I love this banana bread mix and it makes the whole house smell heavenly.
- Everything but the Bagel seasoning literally goes on everything in our house: popcorn, tuna salad, grilled chicken – you name it!
- Everyday seasoning is George’s favorite, it’s a savory seasoning that goes great on everything! We like putting it on salads and in ground turkey. It’s a quick and easy way to add lots of flavor without much work.
- Garlic Salt is probably our most used seasoning in our house. We like this one as it’s a grinder that adds more flare to our dish than just regular garlic salt. You won’t be disappointed with this one!
- Everything but the Bagel Chips: guys I almost died when I saw these. These chips are newer to the shelves but they quickly became a favorite. I mean how can these not be good?!
- Mesquite Honey: honey is a pretty standard staple in most pantries but I love the flavor of this one and prefer it over other varieties.
- Peanut Butter Dog Treats: Maggie is a big peanut butter and treats gal so these were practically made for her.
- Colorful Carrot Coins: I love frozen veggies and these colorful carrots are perfect roasted or sautéed. They make for an easy side dish.
- Kung Pao Chicken: I love having easy dinners on hand and this has been a go-to for us. It tastes great and is ready in about 10 – 15 minutes!
- Country Potatoes: these are so flavorful that you will want to tell everyone that it’s your secret recipe. Another super convenient side dish.
- Sweet Potato Frites: aka fries, and what more needs to be said here?
- Marinated Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini & Red Peppers: George and I love Greek food and this is the best addition to any Greek inspired dish. The veggies are marinated in a balsamic vinegar sauce and taste great sautéed.
Last but not least, I could not forget these little cookies that bring me so much joy. I could not put these in the pantry section because candidly they don’t last long enough in our house to stay in the pantry. All I have to say it if you need you an afternoon snack you cannot go wrong with 1 or maybe 50 of these.
What are your favorites to grab or have on hand from Trader Joe’s?