The older that I have gotten, the more I have taken seriously what a privilege it is to be a woman. I have also taken what a responsibility it is to be a woman more seriously – to be a light in other women’s lives, to stand up for what I believe, to take chances when it’s against the grain, to love fiercely and to be brave against all odds.
As March represents Women’s History Month, I wanted to share some of my favorite women’s empowerment books that have help shape who I am as a woman.
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle – I read this book over the summer and it is so beautiful written. Glennon has a way or sharing her thoughts and words like none other.
- How Women Rise by Marshall Goldsmith and Sally Helgesen – perfect for listening to on audible and is the perfect read for the woman who is ready to take her career to the next level!
- Boss Up by Lindsay Teague Moreno – this book is perfect for the woman who is wanting to start a business or start blogging!
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown – this is a classic and provides so much insight when it comes to becoming a leader and being brave.
- The Moment of Lift by Melinda Gates – this book is full of stories that share when you lift women up, you lift everyone up.
- The Most Powerful Woman in the Room is You by Lydia Fenet – if you read any of these, read this one! I have gone back to this book a number of times as it so inspiring when it comes to finding your confidence and your voice.
- Two Turns from Zero by Stacey Griffith – this book shares Stacey’s life story and encourages you to become your best self – physically, mentally and emotionally
- Girl Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis – I love Rachel Hollis and look up to her so much. This book is one I could (and do) read over and over and still find encouragement and a fresh perspective on who I am as a woman.
What are your favorite women empowerment books? What is one way that you can show encouragement and love to a girlfriend this week?